Friday, April 22, 2011

Life Update

So, it's been awhile since I posted on here before today, since then I have had a full time seasonal job that ended in Jan. I have sewn items, completed wood storage boxes for my boyfriend's workshop, recovered a vintage bench that I saved from the dumpster, as posted below - worked to make our tennant trailer rentable, worked in my own kitchen, planted flower seeds inside for my flower beds, starting to get the garden ready, my dad died of cancer the middle of March(which I had not seen him in 4 years and because of a blessing of one of my dad's friends, my boyfriend and I were flown from PA(where we live) to Florida and I saw my dad - it was a fantastic visit, he was as full of life as he could be for being in the condition he was in - 52 hrs later he died. I've also been busy cleaning up in our barn tool room, taking care of our beefcows, and splitting and stacking firewood - thank goodness that is done for the year! I know there is more but - I just can't remember right now. Keith's off farm job requires him to work 24 hrs on site fracking gas wells, so it is total 29 hrs. he is gone awake time, home for about 18 hrs, and back to work to do it all again so much of the home and farm fall on my shoulders, but I am still looking for work again and Keith has had double hernia surgery last fall, bronchitis/numonia(spelling) in Jan/Feb and then passing blood in March/April - so he is still having testing and lovely stuff going on to find out what's going on. We will most likely have a new calf baby born by morning chore time, with hopefully all our momma cows expecting soon and kittens should be soon from at least 2-3 of our momma cats. I wish I had more time - I do get to watch 'girl' type movies on the nights Keith is at work - and I recently watched Julie and Julia - it inspired me to blog consistantly but to date I have not gotten there - so much to do and not enough time. I also watched the move 'Eat, Pray, Love'(I think that was the name) AWESOME movie for any person at all who has been through any type of hurt of the heart, whether it be a child, parent, friend, significant other, whatever - it was awesome. So, I will try and get more of my recent projects posted soon so I don't get to far behind.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, good movie :) you should read the book too.

    ReplyDelete