Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Firewood Snowmen


I couldn't help but see creativity in this plain
pile of firewood. The round chunks caught a
spark inside my craftiness.

I needed christmas decorations for the house.






I got creative with the firewood and cut 1/2" slices from three different size round chunks of wood. I painted them white on the tops leaving the bark sides for the rustic, country look. I hot clued them to 8" pieces of old lathe board. cut some scrap wood for little buttons and painted them black, used buttons for eyes, cut small squares of material for the mouths, and cut the carrot noses out of old orange plastic from the cell phone package. The hats are little restaurant serving dishes(like coleslaw or dip would come in) and painted them black, cut the scarves out of red felt and hot glued everything. I used coat hangers for arms, hot glued the two sections together and used wire then to make it look rustic/country. I used them on my wreath that I made from our pine trees and on the porch post pine decorations. My initial intention was/is to have my boyfriend use the chainsaw and cut bigger slices to make big snowmen(maybe 3') to put out by the end of the drive by our dairy farm sign...maybe I will have those done for next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment