I measured, squared, and spray painted my line on the grass to dig. I dug down 4" deep an set a 2 x 4 frame around the edge of the hole and weighted it with a paint can and one of my other cement experiments(dug a tractor shape in the ground, lined with foil, sprayed with cooking spray, poured my cement, let harden and lifted out my cement tractor 2 days later slicker than slick). I filled my whole with the dry cement and sprayed it with the hose soaking it, letting that be, then repeating two more times. All the sod from the top of my whole I cut out with the shovel in sections and placed them around the base of one of our trees.
I had also took a small piece of wood and pushed in the IH shape which I painted later when I took off the wood frame.